L&CS 124

Just another SMC Wordpress Sites site

Hello world!

September 3, 2011 by roselland · No Comments · Uncategorized

Hi! I’m Rose Selland, a senior in the Teachers For Tomorrow program. I cannot believe that my journey as an undergraduate is coming to a close. I have grown so much since the day I came to Saint Mary’s as a freshman. I was clueless as to what I wanted to be or what I wanted to do when I graduated, but I couldn’t be happier with the path I have chosen! I grew up in the Lamorinda area my entire life. I have always been an incredibly empathetic person. I remember not understanding why people were homeless, and more so, I didn’t understand why I couldn’t help them. I should have known then that my occupation would require me helping others get the most out of their lives. The Liberal and Civic Studies program has influenced me in so many ways. I feel like I am learning things that actually matter in my life, my community, and the world. When I graduate in the spring, I am graduating with so much more than a diploma. I have been lucky enough to develop lasting friendships, gain a variety of experience through service-learning, and get to know myself in many different ways.

My family has always been the most solid form of support throughout my life. I am blessed to have three siblings that I love more than anything. All four of us are so different, but when we come together, it is incredibly obvious that we are related. My parents have shown me that it’s important to find your passion and stick with it.

No Comments so far ↓

There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.